- Prawns- cleaned and deveined- 2 cups
- Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
- Ginger -crushed- 1 tsp
- Garlic crushed- 1 tsp
- Shallots -sliced- 1/2 cup
- Coconut pieces-1/4 cup
- Green chilies -cut vertically- 1 or 2 nos( optional)
- Fenugreek seeds powder-1 pinch
- Curry leaves- 1 sprig
- Kashmiri chili powder- 2 tsp
- Black pepper powder-1 tsp ( or to taste)
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder-1 tsp
- Garam masala powder-3/4 to 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Combine prawns with all the ingredients for marination and keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds,let it splutter.Now add ginger,garlic,shallots and coconut pieces.Saute for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Now add green chilies and fenugreek powder.Mix well for few seconds.
- Add the marinated prawns and curry leaves.Add more salt if required.Cover and cook over medium low heat, just until done.
- Add more curry leaves ,if desired.
For best results use homemade garam masala.