You can find the original recipe here
- All purpose flour- 1 1/3 cup
- Baking soda-1/2 tsp
- Salt-1/4 tsp
- Butter-1/2 cup
- Light brown sugar-1/2 cup
- Sugar-1/2 cup
- Egg- 1 no
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- Chocolate chips/ chopped chocolate bars-1to 1 1/2 cups
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C.Line a baking tray with parchment paper.Keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl ,whisk together all purpose flour,baking soda and salt.Keep aside.
- In a large mixing bowl,cream together butter ,light brown and white sugar until light and fluffy.Add egg and vanilla.Mix well until combined.
- Now add the flour mixture to this and mix gently ,just until combined.Do not over mix.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop a tablespoonful of dough on to the prepared baking sheet ,two inches apart.Bake for about 12- 15 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.
- Allow it to cool for about 10 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring the cookies on to a wire rack to cool completely.