Makes: 20 to 30 nos
- Rice powder- 2 cups
- Thick coconut milk- 1 cup
- Sugar-2 to 3 tbsp( or according to taste)
- Salt- 1 pinch
- Black sesame seeds- 1tsp
- Water- as required
- Egg- 1 no
- Oil for deep frying
- Combine together rice powder,coconut milk,sugar,salt ,sesame seeds and water as required to form a thick batter( like idli batter).
- Add egg and beat well until combined.
- Heat oil in a pan and dip achappam mould into the oil.( wait until the mould gets really hot)
- Dip 3/4 th of the mould into the batter ,lift it up and dip it into the hot oil.After about 3 to 4 seconds,lightly shake the mould to release the achappam.( if you are finding it difficult ,use a skewer to help release it).Cook until golden,turning once in between.
- Remove it using a slotted spoon and drain on to a paper towel.
- Repeat until the whole batter is used up.
- Note: Make sure the mould is well heated before dipping into the batter each time.