For Masala paste
- Kashmiri chili powder- 2 tsp( or to taste)
- Coriander powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Fennel seeds- 3/4 to 1 tsp
- Black pepper corns- 1/2 to 1 tsp
- Green chilies- 1 or 2 nos( according to taste)
- Ginger- 1 inch piece
- Garlic- 3 to 4 large cloves
- Vinegar- 1 tsp
- Water- as required
- Salt- to taste
- In a blender,combine together all the ingredients listed under 'For masala paste' and blend to form a smooth paste.
- Rub this onto the chicken pieces and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- In a heavy bottomed pan cover and cook the marinated chicken until it is 3/4 th done.Keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan( use oil just enough to shallow fry the chicken pieces) and add the cooked chicken pieces , sliced onion and curry leaves,fry until it turns golden brown,carefully turning once or twice in between.
- Add more curry leaves if required.
Serve with rice or chapathi.