Recipe Source:Sab's Kitchen
You can find the original recipe here
- Chikoo /Sapota (Peeled and deseeded)- 4 nos
- Roasted Semolina-1 cup
- Water- 2 1/2 cup( appr)
- Sugar- 3/4 to 1 cup ( or to taste)
- Cardamom powder- 1/2 tsp
- Ghee-4 tsp
- Cashew nus( chopped)- 1 tbsp
- Raisins- 1 tbsp
- Add chikoo to a blender and blend to form a smooth paste.Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a pan and fry the cashew nuts and raisins and keep aside.
- Add the chikoo puree to the same pan and cook for 5 minutes on a medium low flame.
- Pour water and bring it to a boil.
- Now slowly add the roasted semolina ,stirring well as you do so.Cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on a medium low flame.
- Now add sugar and stir continuously to break the lumps if any.
- Add cardamom powder,cashew nuts and raisins and mix well.
- Add the remaining 2 tbsp ghee and cook until it leave the sides of the pan, or for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- (You can serve it as it is or lightly grease a tray and pour the kesari into it and level it with a spatula , allow it to cool before cutting it into desired shapes.)