Recipe source: Divine taste,you can find the original recipe here
- All purpose flour-3/4 cup( 100 gms)
- Cornflour-3 tbsp( 30 gms)
- Icing sugar-1/2 cup(60 gm) see notes
- Butter-1/2 cup(100 gms)
- Milk-2 tbsp( if required)
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp ( or use 1/2 tsp cardamom powder)
- Preheat oven to 175 Deg C.Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift together all purpose flour and cornflour.Keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine together butter and icing sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until combined.Next add vanilla extract and mix well.( If the dough is stiff ,add milk as required.)
- Transfer this to a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and pipe out rosettes on the prepared baking tray.
- Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.(I prefer baking the cookies until the color turns to a pale golden.)
- Leave it on the baking tray for few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- To make 1 cup of icing sugar ,powder together 1 cup granulated sugar and 1 tbsp cornflour until it turns into a fine powder.
- Use milk only if the dough is stiff.
- You can also divide the dough into equal sizes balls and lightly flatten with your palm and bake.
- For the cookies to retain the shape ,place the piped cookies in the refrigerator for about 10 to 15 minutes before baking.
- Make sure the oven temperature is right,if the temp is high the cookies will go flat.