Recipe source:www.egglesscooking.com,You can find the original recipe here
Makes: 14 to 16 muffins
- All purpose flour- 2 cups
- Baking soda- 1.5 tsp
- Salt- 1/4 tsp
- Lemon zest- from 2 lemons
- Sugar- 3/4 to 1 cup
- Non dairy milk- 1 cup ( soy milk/rice milk or any other)
- Vegetable oil- 1/3 cup
- White vinegar- 1 tbsp
- Lemon extract- 1 tsp (optional)
- Fresh or frozen blueberries- 1 to 1.5 cups
- Preheat oven to 190 Deg C.Lightly grease the muffin tins or line it with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl,combine together all purpose flour,baking soda,salt and lemon zest.
- In another bowl ,combine together sugar,milk,oil , vinegar and lemon extract( if using).
- Pour this into the dry ingredients and mix well until combined.Do not over mix.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Fill the muffin tins about 2/3rd full.Bake for about 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.Allow it to cool for about 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Adjust the quantity of sugar according to your taste. I used 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp,which turned out to be perfect.
- Try using vanilla extract instead of lemon extract.
- If you like to add spices to your muffins,add 1/4 tsp cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg.