Makes- 10 to 12 nos
- Green chilies-finely chopped- 1 or 2 nos ( or according to taste)
- Ginger -finely chopped- 1 tsp
- Garlic- finely chopped- 1 tsp
- Onion -finely chopped- 1 medium ( 1/2 cup)
- Kashmiri chili powder- 1 tsp( see notes)
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder-1 tsp
- Black pepper powder- to taste ( I used 3/4 tsp)
- Garam masala- 1/2 tsp
- Vegetables-finely chopped- 1 to 1.5 cups( Carrot,beetroot,cabbage,green beans)
- Potato -boiled and mashed- 3 small
- Lemon juice- 1/2 to 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves- chopped- 1 tbsp
- All purpose flour- 2 tbsp
- Water- as required
- Bread crumbs- as required
- Oil - for frying
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and add green chilies,ginger,garlic and onion.Saute until onion turns golden brown ,over a medium low flame.
- Add chili ,turmeric,coriander,black pepper and garam masala powder.Saute for a minute or two.
- Next add chopped vegetables and salt to taste.Mix well ,cook until it is done.
- Add mashed potato,lemon juice and coriander leaves.Mix well until combined.Switch off the stove.Add more salt if required.
- Allow this mixture to cool slightly.Shape it into small balls and lightly flatten it using your finger tips.Keep aside.
- In a small bowl mix together all purpose flour and water to form a smooth paste.
- Dip each cutlets in the prepared batter and roll in breadcrumbs to form an even coating.( you can freeze the cutlets at this point,if desired)
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the cutlets ,turning once in between.Serve with tomato ketchup.
- Adjust the quantity of chili powder and black pepper powder according to your taste.
- Use vegetable of your choice,like carrot,cabbage,green beans,beetroot etc.Here i have used, one carrot ,one beetroot and few green beans.