A simple vanilla cake with caramel filling
- Flour -1 1/2 cups
- Cornflour-4 tbsp
- Salt- a pinch
- Baking powder - 2tsp
- Butter-125 gms
- Granulated sugar-3/4 cup
- Light brown sugar-1/2 cup
- Eggs(medium) -4 nos
- Butter milk-3/4 cup
- Vanilla -1 1/2 tsp
- Sift the flour,cornflour,baking powder and salt together.
- With an electric mixer(or a wooden spatula),cream the butter,granulated sugar and the light brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the butter mixture in 3 batches,alternating with the buttermilk.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Spoon the batter into the greased pan and bake at 180 deg ,until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean,for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Let the cake stand in the pan for 5 minutes,then unmold and transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- With a long serrated knife ,carefully slice the cake in half horizontally.
- Sandwich the layers with some of the caramel filling and spread the remainder on the top of the cake.
- Granulated sugar-3 tbspn
- Brown sugar-2 tbspn
- Butter-2 tbspn
- Condensed milk-3 tbspn
- Thick cream-250 ml
- Vanilla- 1/2 tsp
- Heat the pan and add both the sugars,let it melt and turn golden.
- Add butter and let it bubble.
- add the condensed milk and the cream.
- Bring to boil over medium heat,stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and simmer until thick ,stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Spread on the cake while warm(the filling thickens as it cools)
You can also cover the sides of the cake with caramelized nuts.