- Fish(any firm fish cut into thin slices) -4 medium slice
- Curryleaves- 2 sprigs
- Kashmiri chili powder-2 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder-1/4 -1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder-1/4 tsp
- Ginger paste- 1 tsp
- Garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Tomato finely chopped-2tsp
- Curry leaves chopped finely- 1 sprig
- Salt to taste
- Oil- 1 1/2 tsp
- Mix all the ingredients for masala with little water to form a paste.
- Marinate the fish generously with this masala paste.
- Keep aside for atleast half an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan add curry leaves and shallow fry the fish in it .
- Flip the fish pieces after 4-5 minutes.
- Once crisp,remove from fire and serve with onion rings.