- Hard boiled eggs- 2 nos
- Onion sliced finely- 1 big
- Ginger chopped- 1 tsp
- Garlic chopped- 1 tsp
- Kashmiri Chili powder- 1 -1 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Meat masala/Egg masala- 2tsp( or use 1/2 tsp garam masala)
- Tomato chopped finely- 1 small
- Coconut milk- 1 cup
- Curry leaves- 1 sprig
- Mustard seed
- Coriander leaves chopped- 1 tbsp(optional)
- Salt to taste
- Remove the shells of the hard boiled eggs and cut each egg vertically into four wedge shaped pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan ,add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Add curry leaves,ginger and garlic and sliced onion ,saute till onion turns golden brown.
- Reduce the flame to low.
- Add chili powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder and meat masala ( or garam masala)and saute for few minutes.
- Add tomatoes and salt to taste.
- Saute till tomatoes are completely cooked and mashed up ,on a medium flame.
- Add coconut milk and cook till the gravy thickens.
- Add the sliced egg ,and cover the egg pieces with the gravy carefully.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Add Chopped coriander and serve.
This curry goes well with appam, idiappam or chapathi.
Note: If you require more gravy add more coconut milk.
Cutting the egg into pieces and adding it to the gravy adds more flavor to the curry,but it is purely optional.You can also add the eggs into the gravy without cutting it into pieces.