- Urad dal/ Uzhunnu parippu- 3/4 cup
- Channa dal/ Kadala parippu- 1/4 cup
- Coriander seeds- 1 tbsp
- Black pepper corns- 1/2 tsp( optional)
- Curry leaves- 2 sprigs
- Dry red chilies- 12 to 15 nos( according to taste)
- Garlic chopped- 4 to 5 cloves
- Asafoetida- 2 generous pinch
- Salt- to taste
- Oil- 1/2 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan,add urad dal,channa dal,coriander seeds,black pepper corns and curry leaves.Roast until it turns golden,stirring continuously.
- Now add dry red chilies,garlic and asafoetida.Roast it until dal turns golden brown.
- Allow this to cool slightly,add salt to taste and grind to form a coarse / fine powder ,as desired.