- Wash and soak split pegion peas/thuvara parippu in water for about 2 hours.
- Drain well (you will find it difficult to shape the vadas , if there is excess water)
- Grind it to form a coarse paste.
- Transfer this to a mixing bowl.Add shallots,ginger,green chilies,curry leaves,dry red chilies and salt to taste.Mix well.
- Make small balls from this and shape it into patties.Gently flatten the edges ,if desired.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the patties until it turns golden brown, oven a medium heat.
- You can add a pinch of asafoetida to the mixture ,if desired.