Eggless pull apart garlic rolls
Recipe adapted from: Edible garden,You can find the original recipe here
Serve: 2 to 3
- All purpose flour-1.5 cups
- Active dry yeast-1 tsp
- Warm water-1/2 cup( more if required)
- Salt-1/2 tsp ( or to taste)
- Sugar-1 tbsp
- Olive Oil- 1 tbsp+ more as required
- Salted butter-3 to 4 tbsp
- Garlic-minced- 1.5 to 2tbsp
- Coriander leaves-chopped-2 tbsp
- In a mixing bowl combine together all the ingredients mentioned under'for garlic spread' until combined,keep aside.
- In a large bowl combine together all purpose flour,yeast,warm water and salt.Knead to form a soft dough.( it will be a bit sticky)
- Add olive oil and knead well to form a soft dough for about 4 to 5 minutes.Apply olive oil to your fingers if required.
- Place the dough in a large greased bowl.Cover this with a kitchen towel and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled ( for about 1 minutes to 1 and 1/2 hour)( I left it to rise for 2 hours)
- Punch down the dough with your fist and divide it into two equal parts.
- Transfer it onto a floured surface and roll out to form a 1/2" thick rectangle.Spread 2 tbsp of the prepared garlic spread in an even layer.
- Roll it up tightly to form a cylinder.
- Cut this into 4 equal parts ( or approximately 2" rounds).Repeat the same procedure for the remaining dough.
- Brush a baking pan with butter.Place the rolls with the cut side up on the prepared pan.
- Cover loosely and leave to rise in a warm place until almost doubled in volume ( for about 30 to 45 minutes).( Brush the rolls with milk,if desired .)
- Spread the remaining garlic spread on the rolls.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.Bake until the tops are lightly browned ,for about 20 to 25 minutes.