Popular Malabar snack -Erachi Pathiri -Deep fried , stuffed bread usually made with meat filling.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 to 5
Recipe source: Marias Menu, You can find the original recipe here.
To Prepare the filling:
- Chicken,boneless - 300 gms
- Kashmiri chili powder - 1.5 to 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Onion,finely chopped - 4 medium
- Ginger,finely chopped - 1 tsp
- Garlic,finely chopped - 1 tsp
- Green chilies,finely chopped- 2 (or according to taste)
- Coriander leaves,chopped - 1 to 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves,chopped - Few
- salt - to taste
- All purpose flour - 1.5 cups
- Whole wheat flour- 1/2 cup
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Lukewarm water - as required
- Eggs - 2
- Oil- For deep frying / or as required
- I scaled down the recipe to 1/2 as you can see in the pics.
- You can also use beef or mutton instead of chicken.