- Paneer (diced)- 100gms
- Tomatoes chopped finely-2 nos(large)
- Onion chopped finely-1 large
- Ginger and garlic paste-1 tbsp
- Cashew nut -5to6 nos
- Green chili (cut vertically)- 1no
- Kashmiri chili powder-1-1 1/2tsp
- Garam masala- 1 tsp
- Kasuri methi(dried fenugreek leaves)-1/4 tsp
- Yogurt- 2tbsp
- Cream-1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Puree the tomatoes and keep aside.
- Soak cashew nuts in water and grind it to form a smooth paste.Keep aside.
- Heat ghee/butter in a pan and shallow fry paneer till it turns golden in color,turn sides in between,when all the sides are browned drain and keep aside.(you can also deep fry paneer if you wish to do so)
- Heat ghee in a pan and add chopped onion and saute till it turns golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cashew nut paste , saute till done.
- Add tomato puree ,and when it starts to boil add kasuri methi,chili powder and garam masala.
- Saute for a minute ,add yogurt and stir well.
- Add paneer and salt to taste. Cover and cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Now add cream and stir.
- Switch off the stove and add chopped coriander leaves and drizzle melted butter on top ,if desired.
(Note:You can also use fresh fenugreek leaves for this dish.I used almost 1/2 tbsp of freshly chopped ones)