Recipe source: Brown eyed baker
- All purpose flour-2 cups+2 tbsp
- Baking soda- 1/2 tsp
- Salt-1/2 tsp
- Butter- 12 tbsp
- Brown sugar-1 cup(packed)
- Granulated sugar-1/2 cup
- Egg- 1 large +1 yolk
- vanilla essence-2 tsp
- Chocolate chips- 1 to 1 1/2 cups
- Preheat the oven to 170 deg C.
- Line the baking tray with parchment paper or lightly grease the tray.
- Whisk flour,baking soda and salt together until combined,keep aside.
- Beat butter and both the sugars together until combined.
- Beat in the egg,yolk and vanilla essence .Now add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Now add the chocolate chips.
- Measure almost 1/4 cup of dough and roll into a ball.Using your fingers split the ball into two.
- Place the dough halves on the prepared baking tray ,with the uneven surface facing up.Place each dough halves 2 1/2 inch apart.
- Bake until it turns light brown and edges begin to become crisp for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before removing.