Radhika of Tickling Palates is hosting a fun event named BLOG HOP WEDNESDAYS.This week i am paired with Kaveri of Palakkad Chamayal.I chose this simple and delicious paal payasam that perfectly fits the festive mood. You can find the original recipe here.
- Milk-500 ml
- Rice(Pachari) -3/4 cup (you can also use Basmati rice)
- Sugar- 1-11/2 cup(or according to taste)
- Cardamom powder- 1/2 tsp
- In a heavy bottomed vessel cook rice with milk over low flame, until rice is completely cooked.(you can also use a pressure cooker).
- Add sugar and required amount of water to obtain the desired consistency.Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Switch off the stove and add cardamom powder and garnish with cashew nuts and raisins fried in ghee if desired.