- Carrot-finely chopped/grated- 2 cups
- Onion-finely chopped- 1/4 cup
- Green chilies-cut vertically- 1 or 2 nos ( according to taste)
- Curry leaves- few
- Ginger-finely chopped- 1/4 tsp( see notes)
- Grated coconut- 1/4 to 1/2 cup(see notes)
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds- 1/4 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Oil- as required
- In a large mixing bowl,combine together carrot,onion,green chilies,curry leaves,ginger,grated coconut , turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds,let it splutter.Add the carrot mixture and stir well.Bring everything to the center of the pan to make a heap.Cover and cook until done for about 5 - 6 minutes on a low flame.
- Uncover and saute for 1 - 2 minutes.Serve with rice.
- Adjust the quantity of grated coconut according to your taste.I used 1/4 cup and a bit more.