Spicy Macaroni and Cheese
- Macaroni- 1 cup
- Garlic-chopped- 1 tsp
- Onion-chopped- 1/2 cup
- Green chilies-chopped- 1/2 tsp
- Spring onion-chopped- 2 tbsp
- Celery-chopped- 2 tbsp
- Tomato-chopped- 1/2 cup
- Red chili powder-(or use cayenne pepper powder)- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp( or to taste)
- Bell pepper-diced( use red,green and yellow)- 1 to 1.5 cups
- Fresh dill-chopped- 2 to 3 tbsp
- Black pepper powder- to taste
- Salt- to taste
- Grated cheese- 1/2 to 3/4 cup( or as required)
- Olive oil- as required
- Water- to cook macaroni
- In a large pan ,bring water to a boil .Reduce heat to medium and add macaroni.Cook according to package instructions.Drain and keep aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan,add garlic,onion , green chilies and spring onion.Saute until onion turns translucent.Add celery and mix well.
- Add tomato and cook until it turns mushy.
- Add red chili powder and saute for few seconds.
- Next add bell pepper and cook for few minutes or until it is done.
- Add dill,and cooked macaroni.Mix well until combined.Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add cheese and switch off the stove.Mix well until combined.
- Use cheddar or mozarella cheese or even a mix.Adjust the quantity of cheese according to your taste.I used less than 1/2 cup.