To grind together
- Grated coconut- 1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Water- as required
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds- 1/4 tsp
- Curryleaves- 2 sprigs
- Dry red chilies- 2 to 3 nos
- Coconut oil- as requied
- Whip yogurt and salt to taste in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Grind together coconut and cumin seeds to form a thick ,smooth paste ,adding sufficient quantity of water.Keep aside.
- In a pan combine together mango,green chilies,red chili powder,turmeric powder and water.Cover and cook until it turns soft.Add the prepared coconut paste and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes on a medium low flame.Bring it to just under a boil.
- Switch off the stove and slowly add yogurt ,stirring well as you do so.Add more salt,if required.
- Heat oil in pan and add mustard seeds,let it splutter.Add fenugreek seeds and saute for few seconds.Add curry leaves and dry red chilies and saute for few more seconds.Add this to the prepared curry and mix well.